The Role of a Toastmaster
Whatever event you are planning, rest assured that Michelle, as a professional Toastmaster, will ensure that your event runs as smoothly as possible. The benefits of hiring Michelle are numerous, the most dramatic being the visual impact of a Toastmaster’s appearance in the full traditional regalia, complete with red tailcoat and white gloves. You will notice that she carries an air of authority and you will admire the clarity of her voice when she makes introductions and announcements. Much of the value that Michelle will bring to your event is unobtrusive and discreet - meeting the guests and making them feel comfortable, liaising with the venue staff, making sure all the arrangements go to plan, and so on. She will advise and support all the players in the proceedings making sure there are no hitches or disruption of events. Her calmness will ensure that all matters that may arise will be dealt with in a calm and confident manner.
Michelle is committed to undertaking the following duties before an event, if it is appropriate and if it is what you require:
- Meet with you and discuss the planned event in detail, making a written plan.
- Offer any advice on procedure, protocol and etiquette that might be relevant to your specific function.
- Provide advice, if needed, for those who will be required to make speeches.
- Prepare all the announcements and review them with you.
- Arrive early to check out the venue on your behalf, making sure all the arrangements are in place.
- Liaise with the venue staff, photographers, and other involved parties to ensure the efficient and timely implementation of the plans.
- Meet and greet the Host(s) and guests on arrival.
- Arrange the Receiving Line and introduce the guests.
- Announce the meal and lead the Host(s) and guests to the Top Table.
- Announce speakers, toasts, and other ceremonies, if applicable.
- Be vigilant at all times to ensure that the event is running according to plan and is on schedule.
- Conclude the formalities.
- Act as Master of Ceremonies, or Compere, if required.
Above all, Michelle offers a bespoke service with the aim of providing as much or as little involvement as you want for your event.